17.2.14

Pictures from Swearing In




 My best girl Jamie! She is totally responsible for the headwraps and I love her for it. Her host mother taught her how to wrap them. I love her for a lot of other stuff too. Ask her about when we saw elephants on the way down to Kampala from Arua and she went crazy. :)

Some of the boys who are also with us in West Nile, Ben (tongue) and Joseph (looking at the wrong camera). They're sweethearts.
Did I mention that I was part of a group that opened the ceremony with the National Anthem?... Because I was.




Also, I did a spoken word piece with three other people, with excerpts by J.R.R. Tolkien, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., e.e. cummings, and Mary Oliver.


The West Nile Group minus our friend Dick, who ended up ETing about three weeks after this picture.

Full West Nile group including Dick and our wonderful acting (at the time) program director for education, Audrey Spencer. We're all cracking up because when we were attempting to take this picture, a random person walked by and did not notice in the slightest that he walked in front of us posing.


Back at our training centre, we took some more pictures before we got unfancy. This is my friend Hannah, whose site is very far away from mine and it's sad but we have big plans to visit each other. She tells me funny stories about the nuns she lives with.
This is my friend Eric; his site is also downcountry and far from me (but basically everyone is). He's a fellow Midwesterner from Minnesota but also spent time growing up in Taiwan. He's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment